Following a little research the team here at iKube carried out (with the assistance of IAM’s superb Motoring Facts 2011 document) we’ve managed to dig-up some interesting facts that might intrigue and surprise you.
Did You Know?
- After the driving test was first introduced in 1935 the number of deaths on the road fell by almost 1,000 within a year.
- There were only 2.4 million vehicles on the road in 1935 with over 7,000 deaths. Whilst there are now 34 million vehicles on Britain's roads the death tolls have actually dropped to 2,222 in 2011.
- Over 94 million driving tests have been carried out since the test was launched in 1935.
- Estimates suggest that almost half a million people in the UK actually drive without a driving licence that drives for a massive 3.7 million hours every month. Unfortunately this leads to a number of problems for licensed and insured motorists – such as the high cost of young drivers insurance.
- Compared to drivers of all ages, young drivers between the ages of 17 - 19 are ten times more likely to have a drink-drive crash. In addition to this those aged 20 - 24 are 4.5 times more likely, hence one of the reasons young drivers insurance and provisional insurance tends to be quite high.
To find out more about the black box insurance cover iKube can offer please give us a call and one of our helpful sales staff will happily call you back.
Related guides and posts: