Like our motoring brethren over at Brake and ROSPA, iKube are dedicated to helping you get the most out of your driving.
We want you to become a safer and more confident driver and avoid putting yourself, your passengers and other road users at risk whilst on the road (as well as avoiding the need to claim on your young drivers insurance).
Did you know that by becoming a safer driver you could also save yourself a bit of money and help the environment to boot?
By driving safely and economically you tend to use less fuel and reduce the wear and tear on your car.
Here are a few tips to help get the most out of your motoring:
• Slow down sooner to avoid harsh braking - harsh or sharp braking is not good for your car and may result in further costs if you're wearing out your brakes too quickly. It could also result in an accident if you brake too late.
• Give the car ahead of you more room when you're in traffic - driving too close could result in you rear-ending the vehicle in front - resulting in an accident and a potential claim on your young drivers insurance.
• Watch your speed so you don't exceed the legal road limit - exceeding the speed limit is not only illegal it's also potentially very dangerous.
• Don't race the traffic lights when they're turning to amber - you may not make it and you could end up in a serious accident.
• Don't accelerate harshly - this uses a lot of fuel and takes its toll on your car.
• Only use the middle or right-hand lanes for overtaking on motorways - accidents are usually caused by motorists clogging up the middle lane. Stick to the left and only use the middle or right-hand lane for overtaking. The same applies for dual-carriageways - use the left-hand lane unless you're overtaking.